As you know, most of the races from our President on down to County Commissioner are critical and depend on us to WIN!!The following are ways you can help during the next few weeks before the election.....let me know what interests you, and I will give you further details....even a couple of hours will make a HUGE difference. Thank you!
- Call for Brad Avakian Wednesday, October 10. I will send you the script and you can call from home or meet us at HQs.
- Call for Kate Brown Monday, October 15. I will send you the script and you can call from home or meet us at HQs.
- Deliver our “Slate of Candidates Card” to Democrats in McMinnville & Newberg city limits. Tuesday – Friday, October 16-19.
- Help with mailing our “Slate of Candidates Mailer” to Democrats in all other parts of the county.
- Poll Watching on Election Day, November 6.
- Put up Signs for Our Candidates If you have a Bacon sign or others from the Primary Election, it is time to put them up. We really need the presence for our candidates!! There are lawn signs at our Headquarters for all candidates.Come between 12 and 6pm. Obama/Biden signs are a $3 donation. We also have a variety of Obama Bumper Stickers. $3 or 2/$5
- Hold signs for our candidates at the Candidate Rally on Fridays from 5-6pm in McMinnville & Newberg. McMinnville site is on the corner of 2nd & Adams. Newberg is at the Y just as 99W north & south merge.
Forums this week—Tuesday, October 9
Noon - McMinnville City Club Debate, McMinnville Grand Ballroom.
7pm - Yamhill County Candidate Forum, McMinnville Senior Center (2250 NE McDaniel Lane).
Annette Frank for Senate District 12 against Brian Boquist ! http://annettefrank.com
- Help put up signs in high-profile places.
- Donate blood at the Fire Hall in Dayton on October 11 and mention Annette’s name for our next Senator.
- Help with phone calling.
VOTE Kathy Campbell District 24 against Jim Weidner! http://www.votekathycampbell.com
Coffee with Kathy! In the next couple of weeks, Kathy Campbell will be traveling around Yamhill County meeting with local folks and learning more about the issues affecting them. If you would like to meet Kathy and have a word with her, she will be at the following coffee shops next week:
Monday, October 8 @ 11:00 a.m. - Red Fox Bakery (McMinnville)
Thursday, October 11 @ 9:00 a.m. - Cornerstone Coffee (McMinnville)
As the election season gets into full swing, Kathy Campbell's campaign always needs people to canvas neighborhoods in District 24 and make phone calls. We have got to GET OUT THE VOTE if we want to win this campaign! Please contact Kathy at VoteKathyCampbell@gmail.com if you can help. Thank you for all your continued support!
“We Love Bacon” for County Commissioner! http://www.denisebacon.com
We are having a great time & only four weeks to go! We are still going door-to-door doing lit drops. Call Rachel at 503-857-9377 to pick up walking sheet and door hangers.
GOOD FEELING BACON FLASHMOB Practice the dance and we will be video taping it next Saturday—Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Denise-Bacon-for-County-Commissioner/306048582756982 for times and places!! We will be recording in Newberg and McMinnville.
REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN! GET YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY INTO IT!
Vote Paul Holman District 25 (Newberg)against Kim Thatcher!! http://www.votepaulholman.com
During the past weeks, I have have attended several televised candidate forums is Salem. I will be calling the Salem Community Broadcasting people for specific dates as to when the video will be available. I also was on “Speaking Frankly” this last week. It is airing this week on our local Channel 11.
- Help with locating supporters who will post one of my signs.
- A team of people to drop off my door hangers.
- Talk to your neighbors about me. Talking point: Kim voted “NO” on the bypass and small-business lending!
- If you can help me in any way, please call me at 503-332-9483 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks, everyone!!
Vote Ross Swartendruber District 23 (Dayton, Amity, Willamina, & Grand Ronde
- Friends of Ross are actively canvassing in Yamhill County. The response has been pleasant. We plan to finish Willamina on Wednesday, October 10. Anyone interested in helping should meet at 10 am at Coyote Joe's or call Ross at 503-551-2818 to make other arrangements. Bring a smartphone or we can provide one for canvassing.
- Join the fun 7 pm, Thursday, October 11 at the Corvallis Public Library for the League of Women Voter's Candidate Forum. The Mid-Valley Health Forum there last week proved to be entertaining. Expect to hear from Ds, Rs, Greens and Libertarians.
- We truly appreciate the organization and effort of Yamhill County Dems. The next few weeks are crucial for our campaign, and it's reassuring to know that you are there to help get us a majority in the house. See you at the doorstep!
Vote David Gomberg District 10 & Arnie Roblan for Senate (Sheridan)
If you are in Falls City on October 13, from 2-5pm, come help David Gomberg and Arnie Roblan canvass. Please contact Koral Aakre at (541)290-3615 for details.