The Yamhill County Democratic Party is always looking for committed Democrats to run for local office. While presidential politics attract lots of attention, government at the local level has the most impact on our daily lives.
Too often people hesitate to run in local elections believing that they don’t have the expertise needed to serve, or because they feel they have little chance of winning due to their partisan affiliation. The Yamhill County Democratic Party is the party of the people. We believe all citizens have a role to play in our government, and we strongly support and encourage citizens with an interest in the well-being of our communities to pursue elected office. Yamhill County Democrats offer a Candidate Training course every year to help you on your journey.
If you are interested in learning more about running for office, please contact our Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Candidates
Yamhill County Democrats provide a variety of resources and support to local and regional candidates.
- Office & Meeting space
- Literature & sign distribution
- Swag storage
- Endorsement opportunities
- VAN (voter database) access
- Canvassing support
- and plenty more
Email email@example.com for details about how Yamhill County Democrats can support you!
Resources to properly conduct your candidacy
Visit the Yamhill County Candidate/Committee Resource page and download the New Candidate’s Quick Info Pack.
General Campaign Training & Support
Emerge Oregon – Women Leaders for a Democratic Future in Oregon
Emily’s List – Focuses on helping pro-choice Democratic women run for office.
Oregon Labor Candidate School – Portland-based, affordable trainings for labor union members, and a bi-annual weekend training course for like-minded candidates, campaign managers, and activists.
Run for Something – Encourages, trains and supports people under the age of 35 who are considering running for office.
She Should Run – Non-partisan non-profit organization that provides an approachable starting place and network for women leaders considering a future run for office and for those who support them.
- Campaign Finance: Does it Apply to you?
- PC 7: Certificate of Limited Contributions and Expenditures
- SEL 220: Statement of Organization for Candidate Committee
- SEL 221: Statement of Organization for Political Action Committee
- SEL 222: Statement of Organization for Petition Committee
Voter’s pamphlet filing
- JCVP-01: Candidate’s Statement for Yamhill County Voters’ Pamphlet (text in form)
- JCVP-01: Candidate’s Statement for Yamhill County Voters’ Pamphlet (text attached in separate file)
- JCVP-02: Statement of Endorsement
- JCVP-03: Argument Statement
- JCVP-05: Explanatory Statement
- Voters’ Pamphlet Fee Schedule